Invitation from the New York Times and the University Libraries
We cordially invite you to attend a workshop about teaching with “The New York Times”. The workshop will cover specific ways to integrate “The New York Times” newspaper into your course and introduce the wealth of online resources “The Times” provides to you and your students. As you may already know, you can use “The Times” to achieve a wide range of goals: to enhance your teaching, to guide your students’ research, to help build a better-informed, responsible citizenry. This informative session will discuss:
- Instructional strategies using “Times” articles to promote global awareness and enhance critical thinking, information literacy and writing skills for students.
- Preview of nytimes.com resources.
- Introduce you to our inCollege Faculty website.
- Overview of the Penn State Newspaper Readership program.
- Complimentary faculty subscription.
“The New York Times” is a vibrant daily record of history in the making which serves to link topics covered in the curriculum to vital topics of the day. It is an exceptional resource for heightening students’ interest and understanding.
Faculty who incorporate “The Times” on their syllabi, and have ten or more students in their class, receive a complimentary subscription! The Penn State Newspaper readership program provides students with The New York Times at no additional cost with their student ID card.
Date: Tuesday, December 18. 2012
Luncheon: 12:15 pm to 1:00 pm in Mann Room
Presentation: 1:00 pm to 2:15 pm in Foster Auditorium
Kindly R.S.V.P. to: Christine.email@example.com.
Questions can be sent to: Eric Novotny, firstname.lastname@example.org