Our next Humanities in the Digital Age Interest Group Meet-Up is almost here! The event is scheduled for Friday, January 18, 12:00-2:00 pm in the Arts and Humanities Music Seminar Room (W325 Pattee). We have a few agenda items and a few speakers lined up (details below), but we want to hear from you, too. So, if you want to share something you are currently working on, have an idea for a great project, or just want to hear what others think about the intersection of humanities and the digital, come join us for some lively discussion, show-and-tell, and snacks.
We would also love to hear from the folks who attended MLA or AHA. Please come and share your experiences, any great (or not so great) sessions you attended, or reflections.
Folks are encouraged to bring a lunch and a friend (or colleague, student, advisor, etc.)
If you have questions or want me to add your project/idea to the schedule, you can contact me at dawn [at] psu [dot] edu, leave a message in the comments below, or post to the PSUHDA-L@LISTS.PSU.EDU listserv.
On the Agenda:
- Make the rounds: introductions, what we’re working on this week/did last week, etc.
- Server space for community, resources, and digital scholarship
Domain name for server space
Demo of Commons in a Box (CUNY, MLA Commons)
DH Toolkit (Toolery)
- Daniel Purdy: A new project for the Pennsylvania State University Max Kade German-American Research Institute: develop online map and archive for German global literary and scientific correspondences in the early modern period. The goal is to map the exchange of manuscripts, cultural artifacts and scientific specimens between German academics distributed across the globe, in terms of their locations, their occupation and their writing.
- Kate Merkel-Hess: Pilot Project in Digital History
- Patricia Hswe and Dawn Childress: Report on digital humanities at MLA
- Dawn Childress: Overview of tools for Digital Literary Studies, Textual Studies
Meet-up schedule for Spring and Summer (meet-ups are on Fridays, 12:00-2:00, in the Mann Assembly Room, Paterno Library unless otherwise noted):
- January 18, Pattee Library Music Seminar Room (W325 Pattee)
- February 15
- March 29
- April 26
- May 24
- July 26